Sunday, January 17, 2010

Review of Music of Razors by Cameron Rodgers

I have just completed one of the most boring books ever to grace my eyes. I am surprised that I am alive today to review it because while I was reading it I felt like I was dying. I felt like a bunch of knifes were stabbing me in my eyes. Let me be more specific as to why I felt that this book was like going to the dentist to have your teeth pulled.

Firstly, I would like to say I am going to give a fair review of this book. The best part of this book is Rodgers descriptions he is able to turn a phrase and write fairly well. But it is his story that is boring and dragged out. When I was reading this book I had to go back a few times just to figure out what he was trying to tell a story about. The characters are boring I didn’t care wither they lived or died. I really didn’t care about the characters at all. Usually in a review I would tell you a synopsis of the story but honestly I couldn’t tell you what the entire story was about because it was very forgettable. To be fair there were some chapters that kept my attention but most of the chapters in this 310-page book are dragged out and should have been cut.
I think perhaps this author needs to try again. This book was so boring and drat that I had to read it five pages at a time. I couldn’t suffer much longer than that. Now at the top of this book is a quote by Neil Gaiman that is as follows “A nightmarishly imaginative debut from a writer of real assurance and vision…Cameron Rodger is going to go places” perhaps my favorite author has different taste than I…..the only thing nightmarish about this book is the story. I am surprised I even finished it. Now I do realize that I said mostly bad things about this author. But I honestly believe he does have potential to be a good author, this just wasn’t his time to shine. Maybe collaboration with Neil Gaiman could work for him? Neil Gaiman could be his mentor and guide him to what a good author should be like.

I give this book a 3/10

1 comment :

  1. first...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!
    second, why the hell did you keep reading it?
    third, um, well there is no third. *smooches*

    ReplyDelete