Sunday, February 14, 2010

Strange Confessions From a Strange Man

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I didn’t mean to do it. It just happened almost knowingly out of my hands. I’m sorry yes, for I have caused more trouble than I had expected. It is strange that I sit here today in front of you Father, for I am not a religious man. But I must confess to somebody who will not tell my tale and that is where you come in. It all happened about a week ago if I may continue.
I was walking to the store to fetch my self some dinner when I came upon a man dressed in rags. His hands were dirty as was his face. He spoke in tongues of which I wasn’t familiar so I ignored him and continued on into the store. I bought my dinner and he was there again. I decided that I would strike up a conversation with him since I was bored and there was nothing else to do. “Hello sir” I said to him. He nodded his head. “Hello” As soon as he said that. I pulled out my knife and stabbed him in the shoulders twice. He fell to the floor and like a mad man I laughed as he dropped to the floor and his blood puddle on the white snow. He begged me not to do it again, but in fact I was so enthused in the blood from his shoulder that I stabbed him once again. This time I did in the chest. And yes by then he was dead. Father will our lord forgive me for this sin?

I fear Father that the murder of this man is not just an ordinary murder. After the murder things had changed and not just for me but for others. I have noticed some strange things happening since it was done. My clocks they run backwards. I barely am able to tell the date. My mind is fuzzy of how to tell the days of the week. Is there anything you and the church can do to cure my madness Father? I suppose I could just attempt to let the madness dissipate into the air. But I am scared Father, I am scared for my life.

This Father, I am afraid isn’t my only confessions. My strange murders didn’t stop. Yet another murder I must confess who has caused me even more madness. She was outside my place of work. She had thin gray hair. Her face was seemed to made of stone. For when she looked at me she never changed expression. I had a knife on me and by idle hands I too stabbed her in the shoulder and watched as she fell to floor. I laughed and laughed until the madness once again took over me and I stabbed her several times in the chest. Father, please tell me there is something God can do to cure my madness. I pray now, but can religion save me Father?

I find it strange that nobody has noticed the changes around this world since the murder of these two people. The world no longer spins on an axis, the wind no longer whispers. I can feel it Father O’Hara though you may not believe me completely. That watch youre wearing isn’t ticking MY GOD. I killed father time. WHAT HAVE I DONE!? And outside the trees are dying. Forests are falling apart. I too killed Mother Earth. Oh God what have I done. Dear oh dear. I…I am the work of the devils toyshop Father O’Hara. Kill me now. I do not deserve to live any longer Father O’Hara I know the evil I have done. But I can’t spend my life in prison that is no place for a man like me. So kill me now.

Father what is happening why are you making that face? Father? How can God explain the nothingness that is coming? I am scared. I’m sorry for my murders; please give me a place in heaven. There is nothing anymore; I killed it all, I’m sorry.

1 comment :